Just Launched: Disaster Counselling Credential Course
Disasters are on the rise. Whether it’s disasters like the recent bushfires in Australia or the current COVID-19 global pandemic, the outcomes can have enduring emotional consequences for individuals and communities.
As a mental health professional, how prepared are you to work in a disaster situation and provide the best possible support? And not just at the time of the disaster, but also in the months and years following?
To train mental health professionals in this challenging yet rewarding field, the Mental Health Academy have released the world’s first Disaster Mental Health Counselling Credential Course. This 31-hour deep-dive program will teach you best-practice strategies, clinical skills and cultural insights to effectively serve in disaster-affected areas, anywhere in the world.
As a course participant, you’ll enjoy:
- An immersive 31-hour learning experience supported by 24 video lectures, dozens of downloadable articles & handouts, case studies & real-life stories, progressive assessments, and more.
- Progress at your own pace – with on-demand (online, 24/7, lifetime) access to all video lectures, learning materials, and course resources.
- Learn up-to-the-minute research on disaster counselling, through a range of learning modes including video lectures, forum discussion, and case studies.
- Collaborate and share resources with your professional peers and interact with your course facilitator (Dr. Cirecie West-Olatunji) through a private forum.
- Develop the skills to respond to environmental needs, gain an understanding of both culture-centred and social justice-oriented perspectives, understand concepts such as traumatic stress and compassion fatigue, and much more.
- Access case conceptualisations, treatment plans, and specialised interventions – and a framework to immediately apply your learning in the real-word.
- Earn an MHA Digital Credential and CPD Certificate of Attainment
Want to learn more?
Click here to find out more information about this course and submit your enrolment (right now you can save $300.00 when you enrol).