2017 Mental Health Super Summit
Child abuse and neglect is one of Australia’s biggest and most misunderstood social problems, with one child being abused or neglected every 12 minutes. Since 1988, Act for Kids has provided free therapeutic support for thousands of kids and families — but there are still many more who need urgent assistance right now.
In October this year, Mental Health Academy & Act for Kids are co-hosting the 2017 Mental Health Super Summit – an innovative charity fundraiser online conference for mental health professionals. The event brings together leading experts from Australia and the United States, and is accessible entirely online (both in real-time & on-demand).
In the 2015 & 2016 editions, over 4,300 people attended the Summit, raising $223,944.00 for Act for Kids. This year their target is to raise a whopping $150,000.00.
Here’s a snapshot of the event:
- You choose how much you want to pay to attend
- All proceeds go to the Act for Kids charity, and are applied towards the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect in Australia
- 20 real-time webinar sessions (available to watch on-demand after)
- An impressive line-up of internationally-renowned, award-winning practitioners, researchers, authors and educators
- Presenters from the Beck Institute, Orygen, Boston University, Penn State, University of Pennsylvania, Macquarie University, University of Melbourne, La Trobe, UTS, and more
- Interact with speakers through live Q&A sessions
- Cutting-edge research in neuroscience, parenting, youth mental health issues, evidence-based counselling interventions, trauma, and much more!
If you’re a mental health practitioner or student, this is a not to be missed event.
Learn more and register here: www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/summit